Maytor McKinley

This and that about my side of the Maytor H. McKinley clan.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Mount Holly, North Carolina, United States

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Johann Hoppenjan

Well, I've gone back as far as I can go:

Johann Hoppenjan was born around 1629 and died sometime after 1709 in Emsburen Ahlde in what I think was the Prussian territory of Pommern (or Pomerania in some translations). He was married to Angela (1641-1709 approximately) whose last name is unknown. They four children, two boys and two girls. One of the boys, Lambert, links all the way down to yours truly. Since I have gone back as far as I can up a straight line, so to speak, I shall now tackle the task of filling in all the other branches as far as I am able.

Of note: 1) no Von Hoppen referneces have been found, and 2) it appears that one distant relative, Johann Heinrich Hoppenjan, fought and perhaps perished with the Prussian forces at Waterloo against Napoleon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Digits Free Counter